Brunette Ambition

Pint-sized powerhouse Lea Michele brought out Brunette Ambition a while back but as always, I was a little late to the party (genuinely thinking of rebranding under that title.) A hop, skip and jump onto Amazon later and I was eagerly lapping up all of Lea's little life hacks.



Although there are chapters on 'The Biz', detailing Lea's life on Broadway and of course her time on Glee, it doesn't read as an autobiography. I'm a bit of a theatre nerd and fell in love with Spring Awakening about 5 years after everyone else had first raved about it (see? always late to the party), so I loved reading about Lea's experience during that show's run. But of course it goes without saying that most highly anticipated - and easily my favourite chapter - was the love letter to Jonathan Groff. I watched their Barnes and Noble interview during which Lea discussed the difficulty she faced writing her chapter about Jonathan but I think it was worded wonderfully. I'm probably biased but it's so hard not to be. I had the pleasure of watching him perform in London (twice) and even got his autograph (once). Hands down probably one of the greatest experiences of my life. No joke. I even have photographic proof (which I would share but oh god, my eyebrows. Lord what was I thinking?)

But back to Brunette Ambition, I think it's actually the whole concept of the book is a really good idea. It's a bit like a touchable, tangible blog. I loved the recipes because I'm a nearly-there vegetarian, so it was good to see some new recipes I'd probably not think of trying otherwise.  Plus reading the fitness chapter encouraged me to get out and walk a little more since I've had a little trouble running recently. Brunette Ambition is easy summer reading and whether you like Glee or not, the book is seriously hard to dislike. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to try Lea's cool cucumber face mask. With the weather as warm as it is, nothing sounds more divine.

Jade x

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

Share:

0 comments