2015 Emmy Nominations

I really like the Emmys because I really like TV and I'm really  happy about a lot of this year's nominations. Really. I don't possess the statistical knowledge to predict who's actually going to win but I can very easily share my opinion on who I'd like to win in each category. Which is what I'm about to do now because I just scrolled through the whole 81 page pdf and I need to validate spending my morning doing just that. So here we go!

Outstanding Drama Series: I'm happy for either Homeland or OITNB to win this. I don't want Games of Thrones, Mad Men, Better Call Saul or Downton Abbey (which I'm assuming, as a British TV drama enthusiast is like blasphemy or something) and I started House of Cards but kind of forgot to finish catching up. 

Lead Actress, Drama Series: You'd better believe I have one outstanding winner in mind for this category and I will lose my damn mind if she wins. Let us all hail Tatiana Maslany, who for too long went unnoticed and has finally received Emmy recognition. I'm glad Claire Danes has also been nominated but there is no one I want to win more than Maslany. 

Lead Actor, Drama Series: Meh. I don't know any of these actors - I mean I know John Hamm from Bridesmaids, Kimmy Schmidt and SNL sketches and stuff, but apart from that, nothing on anyone else. So whoever wins, wins.

Supporting Actress, Drama Series: I love Christine Baranski, I think she is brilliant and it's so weird how often she pops up in so many of my favourite things. Having said that, I want Uzo to win because her work on OITNB is so raw and committed.

Supporting Actor, Drama Series: I guess I'm mostly inclined to see Alan Cumming win just because he's my favourite out of the list. I also literally only just realised this week that he naturally has a Scottish accent. Like, my mind was blown (both at his accent and my own unwavering ignorance.)

Guest Actress, Drama Series: I think Alison Janney is my favourite for this, although I don't have many strong feelings about the winner of this group.

Guest Actor, Drama Series: Definitely plumping for F. Murray Abraham to win this one. His portrayal on Homeland was central to the fourth series, which I'd had doubts about considering we were going to be bereft of Brody. 

Outstanding Comedy Series: I'd like either Parks and Rec or Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt to win but history seems to suggest it'll be Modern Family. With Parks and Rec having finished, it would be a nice way to end and I thought Kimmy Schmidt was hilariously wacky, so I'm glad to see it got nominated if nothing else.

Lead Actress, Comedy Series: As if you have to ask. Amy Poehler, hands down. 

Lead Actor, Comedy Series: Don Cheadle, because I like him and I like his work. Will Forte is funny but I have to admit I haven't really seen much of his work recently.

Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Mayim Bialik is my number one because I think she provides so much of the comedy on Big Bang. I know a lot of it is the way the jokes are woven into the scripts but honestly I find Mayim's acting to bring a lot of the comedy too. Having said that, Kate Mckinnon is funny as. Probably one of my favourite SNL performers. 

Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Andre Braugher, all day every day. I have tweeted about this man so much because he is hilarious on Brooklyn 99. I don't think he will win but I so, so, so wish he would. Tituss Burgess was also pretty funny. 

Guest Actress, Comedy Series: I've already professed my love for Christine Baranski's work and I think she's brilliant on Big Bang. 

Guest Actor, Comedy Series: Yes, Hader. He's so funny. 

Limited Series: Either Freak Show or Wolf Hall would be my pick. 

Lead Actress, Limited Series: Probably Jessica Lange. I haven't seen much of Freak Show but I imagine she bossed it like every other role.

Lead Actor, Limited Series: David Oyelowo. I didn't see Nightingale but he's a top actor so I still choose him.

Supporting Actress, Limited Series: Sarah Paulson, for sure. Again, haven't seen much of Freak Show but all the other AHS series I have seen more than attest to the calibre of her work. 

Supporting Actor, Limited Series: Gotta pick Damian Lewis, haven't I really? British solidarity, especially since I already admitted I don't watch Downton.

Variety Sketch Series: SNL, easily. You have no idea how much time I spend watching old sketches on Youtube.

I haven't seen any of the Made-for-TV series nor the reality TV shows so I skipped those categories. Sorry. I hope Homeland wins for Outstanding Directing of a Drama Series but I don't know how likely that is. I'm a cliche but I also want SNL's 40th anniversary to win Outstanding Variety Special but I want the Golden Globes to win Outstanding Writing for a Variety Special. I don't particularly have a preference for the Special Class Program category (y'all are winners, okay) and either Behind the Scenes Parks and Rec or AHS to win Short Format Non Fiction. Again, SNL 40 is my pick for Interactive Program (I followed the snapchat story late into the night.) 

The further I scrolled down the Emmys PDF file, the fewer progams I had actually seen so I now have considerably less to comment on. I would like Kimmy Schmidt to win Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series because that cast is brill and of course OITNB is my firm fave for Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series because that whole case is entirely flawless. I really want The Mindy Project to win Costumes For a Contemporary Series but I feel that might be doubtful.

Anyway, that's my views on the nominations. Now just to wait for the awards!

Jade x

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

Share:

0 comments